Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Dave's Pickup Truck

I have fallen into covetousness.......again. I know, I know, you're not supposed to covet your neighbor's stuff. But, man you should see this pickup. It's a 1961 Ford Econoline. It looks like it just stepped off the assembly line. Only better, 'cause it's 2009 and it's sitting out in the yard as I write this.


Dave is the handy man to end all handy men, a true jack-of-all-trades. It's a nice relationship. He works on the house. I get to look at his pickup truck. He said he bought it in almost pristine shape, body-wise. It only needed a paint job. And what a paint job it received. It's as red as red can be and shiny to match. It's a thing of beauty.

I have always wanted a small, older pickup to tool around in (does that give my age away?) and to haul my stuff. Everyone should have one. It's the great American past-time, movin' our stuff around. George Carlin did a routine on it many years ago. Only he used a different S word.

I've attached images. Isn't it cool?



2 comments:

  1. Teresa- it's been a bit over three years now. Did you get something???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. Still open to it. Everything pre-1983 (pre-computer age) is getting expensive. but the dream is alive! Glad you found this old post.

      Delete