Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dancing While the Coffee Perks














Yesterday, in a phone conversation with a friend, we were talking about how there's nothing quite like music and literature to bring people together, the perfect conduits through which we can experience our connection to Source and to each other. Art, absolutely, but our reactions to a painting tend to be quite individual and the creation of it a more solitary activity. There is a place, if not a need, for personal accomplishment, that individual expression of creativity, but we were looking at the energy that forms around a collaborative effort and how that energy can expand through the light that's emitted in that effort. There's something about a good song, or a good poem shared between two or more people that gets the energy moving more easily than anything else. At least, that was the conclusion we drew.

He sent this video to me, knowing I would have the same reaction he did. Are any of you aware of Daryl's House? That's Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates. He's been doing these informal jam sessions for about five years, apparently. They include a wide range of musicians, all performing at his house. It's sort of a live music blog that takes garage band to a whole new level. I've heard this song many times, you probably have too, but I had not heard of Patrick Stump. What a great version of this classic R & B song. Shortly after 6:00 this morning, it was still fairly dark, the light was just barely breaking through the trees, and I was dancing in the kitchen to "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted"  while the coffee perked. Not a bad way to begin a new day. I highly recommend it.











Painting by Wassily Kandinsky. For more images and quotes: http://teresaevangeline.blogspot.com/2012/01/listening-to-inner-need.html


16 comments:

  1. Good for you, starting your day with dancing! I can barely stumble around before that first cup, nor do I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS!!! Oooh gosh...so young when the original came out. This version is wonderful and I will be humming it all day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thought Hall and Oates did this cover. Lovely morning music to get started.I played it twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my coffee drips in the morning. Kind of like me you see.
    Nice rendition.
    Nice Kandinsky--he's one of my favorite artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But perk sounds so much better, and I kind of perk in the morning. I pretty much hit the ground in a good mood and it takes a lot to change that.

      Delete
  5. I love R&B! This was great! I have now located the website and signed up for the newsletter. I hope that will inform me of new videos. Cool!
    Dancing while the coffee is perking in a splendiferous way to start the day!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rita! Isn't that channel a great find? I'm so glad he introduced it to me.

      Splendiferous, indeed! And, baby, it's cold outside!

      Delete
  6. Surely great dancing music -- anytime, anywhere! -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the thought of you dancing while the coffee perks. I'd have to make coffee mid-day to feel like dancing. In other words, not a morning person. Often wish I could be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy! You just crossed my mind. I was wondering how things are for you in the big city. :) I hope you're having as pretty as day as we are up north.

      Delete
  8. That is indeed a great version. I love it. I have seen "Daryl's House" site a few times but not recently. Great music, food prep, and dinner conversation. Thanks for posting this Teresa. I'm giving you a "gold star" today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There you are. I was wondering what happened to you.... Thanks for the gold star.... :)

    ReplyDelete